You may have seen several roofing contractors advertising the benefits of certifications from one or more roofing manufacturers.
In case you’re wondering, manufacturer certifications or designations mean that that particular roofing company in Falls Church, VA, is authorized by the manufacturer to install their products, and/or offer related services. The requirements to receive such authorization vary per manufacturer.
But what do manufacturer certifications mean for you, the homeowner?
- Only Quality Products Will Be Used. Hiring a certified roofing contractor in Falls Church, VA, means they’re required to some extent to use the products that they’re certified to install. This is a great thing because it practically guarantees that the contractor will be using anything but second-rate materials.
- The Contractor Would Know What to Do. Roofing installation and repair aren’t exactly cheap, so you’d want to make sure you hire someone who knows what he’s doing. Fortunately, one of the requirements for contractor certification is the experience (i.e. they should already be doing business for a certain number of years). There’s also the continuous training on installation techniques, best practices, and workplace safety, making it extremely unlikely for them to do a poor roofing job.
- The Contractor Would Have Proper Insurance and State License. While a state license isn’t a requirement in all states, a contractor will need one if they are to be certified to work on residential and commercial roofing in Falls Church, VA. The same goes for insurance; it’s a gurantee that in case of an accident, you won’t be held liable.
- Expect Consistent Installation and Repair Work. Those certified by national contractors receive the same training and must pass the same requirements. Even if you decide to move to a different state, you can expect the same (or better) quality of work when you hire a different contractor certified by the same manufacturer.
- You Become Eligible for Exclusive Warranties. Another reason to hire certified roofing contractors is that you become eligible for warranties that are otherwise unavailable to regular contractors. In fact, some manufacturers offer warranties that cover both material and workmanship, so in the unlikely event that a contractor goes out of business, your warranty will still be valid.
Lyons Contracting is fully certified by major roofing manufacturers like GAF, Firestone, and Revere. If you would like to know more about our services, call us today at (703) 299-8888 or fill out our contact form.